Thursday, April 16, 2009

Is Spring Coming?

We are all anticipating the coming of spring. We have had daffodils blossoming and I have seen some tulips popping their heads up for us to see and enjoy and give us hope that spring is on it's way. However, I'm not sure spring will ever be here. Winter just keeps dragging on and on. We will have some nice days then all of a sudden we look outside, it is clouding up, starts to rain, and then the next thing you know it is snowing. That is what happened this week. It rained, in fact it poured and then there were these huge white things falling from the sky, it looked like snow - oh my, it is snow. It kept falling from the sky until I couldn't even see across the street, it was so bad. We got a couple of inches then and I thought it was all done and over with until I got up this morning and saw that it had snowed some more during the night. When I opened up the door and looked outside I saw white-everything and I mean everything was white. The trees, the fences, the flowers, the road, bushes, shrubs. It was like being in a winter wonderland. It was beautiful. I had to take some pictures and of course they just don't show how beautiful it really was. I am ready for spring, but when you see the earth like I saw it this morning I am grateful to have a camera and partake of such beauty. The nice thing is that by about noon most of the snow was gone--all gone. Hurray, maybe spring will make here yet.




















5 comments:

Lorrie said...

Yea - it's beautiful and all...but I'm ready for some warm weather.

Ginger said...

I was going to say the same thing as Lorrie, yes it was nice to see the real pretty white snow not the ugly black slush we have been seeing, but come on already! I heard we haven't even seen the end of it either!

lancasterclan said...

WOW well I hope that it starts warming up soon. I will think of you guyswhile I sit at the beach today

Tonia said...

Those are some great pictures you took, very pretty! The snow is beautiful but I was really hoping it was done before we got here. Oh well I might as well let the girls enjoy it while they can!

John and Diana said...

Wow, I am kinda glad I missed it!