The Saturday that I got home from Louisiana was the day before Mother's Day. Lorrie had planned a Mother/Daughter party that was supposed to be held at 4:00, but after Gary picked me up from the airport and on the way home, Lorrie called and told me it was going to be later--6:00 and so not to hurry to her house. Go home and relax for a minute. However, by the time we were nearing home it was almost 6:00 and so I told Gary to just take me up to Lorrie's house so I wouldn't be late. He told me that he needed to go home first and that I could just drive myself up to Lorrie's. I told him no, take me to Lorrie's and that I would ride home with Toni. He said no that he really needed to go home first. So we ended up going home. I took my luggage into the house and headed for the bedroom. I opened the bedroom door and wow did I get a shock of my life. My sweet husband and kids had done a Lancaster version of "While You Were Out". Gary and Shane had taken the week off and as soon as I left for the airport (Toni drove me and Andre with the girls) Gary started cleaning out our bedroom for the overhaul. I have to tell you that that was no small job. My bedroom has been a catchall over the years, especially one corner. Anyway, he pulled everything out of the room and everyone came to help paint and Scott came and tiled our bathroom. They painted the bathroom and the bedroom, and Ginger decorated the rooms--new curtains, new sheets, new pictures on the walls, new everything. Ginger is so talented with her decorating skills. They traded the furniture from our bedroom to another bedroom and it looks so awesome. I never thought about moving the furniture around like that. We had the piano in our bedroom and they moved that out and put it into the other room too. I just love, love, love the new rooms. It was the most bizarre thing to walk into this beautiful room. I didn't have a clue that this was even going on. Everyone was in the bedroom waiting for me to open the door and as soon as I did they all yelled "surprise". And was it ever a surprise. Everytime I go to bed I just feel like I am on vacation in a really nice place, because that is what it looks like. I want everyone to know that I have the best of the best family. Heavenly Father has blessed me so much with them and I am ever grateful for who they all are and all the good things that they are doing with their lives. Thank you, thank you, and thank you everyone for the great surprise. It was awesome!!!!







No comments:
Post a Comment