It was at 1:08 a.m. on July 24th that our first little daughter was delivered and started our family beginnings. This cute little girl came to us weighing 7 lbs 11 oz and 21" long. We named her Lorrie Anne Lancaster. Lorrie after her Daddy's middle name (Lorraine) and Anne after me (Joanne). We were so excited to get our little Lorrie and she didn't disappoint us at all. She was really a good baby and a good little girl and was and still is a great big sister to all of her siblings and a great daughter to us. I remember she had tonsilitis a lot and the doctor said that he wouldn't take her tonsils out until she was three. Well she got walking pneumonia and ended up in the hospital. After that the doctor agreed to take out the tonsils and after that she was really healthy. She loved her brothers and sisters as they came along, helping to take care of them and play with them. When Brandt was just a baby and I was going to let him cry when he woke up in the middle of the night, however, the first night that I let him cry, it woke Lorrie up and she crawled up onto the crib and pulled Brandt out and brought him to me, telling me that "the baby is crying." She was only four and was concerned for the crying baby. That ended the crying in the middle of the night for then I had to go get him so he wouldn't wake Lorrie up. Lorrie pretty much potty trained Jeri. Everytime she went to the bathroom she took Jeri with her and helped Jeri go. It was the easiest potty training I ever did. (thanks Lorrie).
As Lorrie grew older she helped me a lot with the babysitting and she was always so responsible. She helped me do the kids birthday parties which really helped me. I couldn't wait for her to turn 16 so she could run errands for me so even before she turned 16 I gave her the keys and had her running to the store and picking up some of the kids. As I think back on it I can't believe I did that. If she would have been picked up she would have been in big trouble. Lorrie was always active in the sports, particulary softball. She loved softball and played a really good game. She was happy and always willing to help me and anyone else out that needed her. She hasn't changed much over the years in that aspect. She is a server and as we all well know she is an awesome cook. We love eating anything that Lorrie fixes to eat. Lorrie is a great example of service. When she went to work as a dispatcher for the Springville police she met Scott and was swept off her feet and they were married and have since given us 3 wonderful grandchildren. Thanks Lorrie for being you and for you great example to all of us. We all love you and hope you have a very happy birthday.
27 November 2016 - Thanksgiving
-
For family home evening, the girls made a gratitude turkey.
After much turkey and affiliated food stuffs, we needed a little physical
exercise, so we heade...
9 years ago



2 comments:
WE LOVE OUR LORRIE!!!!!!!!!!
Lorrie's pretty good at potty training, isn't she? She pretty much potty trained Evan for me. I wonder when she'll be ready to teach Ty? Lorrie is definitely a great older sister & one to admire & look up to. Happy belated birthday, Lorrie!
Post a Comment